Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Standing Strong and Immovable!

Be strong and immovable like this rock

My Thoughts:
I was reading today and I saw a similar picture to the one I have posted here. I had been reading on being strong and immovable. I looked at the picture and thought about how a rock in an ocean storm seems to be so strong and immovable and sometimes even after the worst of storms, when the seas have calmed, the rock still remains in its place.

I was so impressed with the picture and the thought that I pondered within myself and asked the question, "am I strong and immovable in my belief system? in my relationships? in keeping the commandments of God? and in a host of other things?"

Being grounded, rooted, and settled truly provides an anchor to my life and when we have a belief system that supports us, our trials and adversities in our lives are not so hard to handle when we are anchored to that belief system. We are not swayed quite so easily.

Sometimes the hard waves of life barely touch me, other times it goes in a bit deeper and I am affected and still at other times I feel overwhelmed and consumed by these waves of life. The anchor in my life to help sustain me is knowing there is a God and that He hears and answers my prayers. I have had too many experiences in life to ever deny that fact and truth. It supports me through everything no matter how big or small the storms may be.

May I suggest that you take the time to think and ponder upon what anchors your life. Maybe from that, you will determine why you can or cannot handle the storms that come in your life or why you may be swayed so easily and fall so quickly or just the opposite, not be swayed and are able to rise up to meet the challenge(s).

May I also suggest that for those of you who may not be anchored, to search and seek the beliefs of "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" and find God. The Church's web site is lds.org. That is where my belief system came from and sustains me to this day.

No comments: